Saturday, September 1, 2012

New York Jets: A Truly Global Franchise

One small thing that I keep forgetting to write but is pretty awesome. On one of our first days in Johannesburg, we were on a tour of a township in Soweto. In one of the large open squares, many people play some sort of music, a la subway tunnels in New York. One guy we saw was playing a recorder. What;s notable was his hat: none other than good ol' Gang Green. When I asked him about it, he didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about, even though he spoke English, which Led me to believe he got it for fifty cents at Salvation Army equivalent. Even still, an unexpected and pretty hilarious surprise.

Oh yeah, I also finally discovered how to upload pictures. Welcome to the 21st century, Evan.

No comments:

Post a Comment